Friday 29 June 2007

Word Imperfect

You may have noticed in my 'my own blogs of note' section a link to Word Imperfect. This little site has had me hooked since it it appeared as a blog of note a few weeks ago and I went for a visit, little knowing I would return almost every day thereafter.

It was great to win yesterday, (with this definition:'A moxa (n.) is an afficionado of air-boxing - the pugilistic version of the air-guitarrist. This person never actually steps into the ring but just shuffles around grunting and jabbing.' For those who want to know the real definition is anything used as a counter-irritant for gout.) but the fun is all in the playing. Matt now often finds me wandering abut the house muttering strange words to myself as I attempt to think of a fun new meaning for them. Anyone who enjoys word games should pay a visit.

5 comments:

Boricua in Texas said...

I also found it recently when Blogger listed it as a blog of note, and I go every day. It's fun and very addictive.

lorenzothellama said...

Thank you for introducing me to this blog! I'm sure, like you, I will visit it daily.

Unknown said...

It is addictive isn't it. I think there should also be a reverse vertion. Meanings that need words.

Unknown said...

Yes Madame C, I read that on your blog, I think, it sounds familiar. I spent an hour reading it last week when I was supposed to be cleaning the house ready for visitors.

A good idea, but then I'd be hooked on two blogs. As it is I'm impatiently waiting for Word Imp to choose the three definitions for voting for crankle!

lorenzothellama said...

Isn't it wonderful when cats have tails like bottle brushes (Plumpy's blog). I just love the way they stare indignantly at each other with fur sticking out like hedgehogs.

Off now to see the new 'word of the day'. I think she puts verification words in sometimes.