Thursday 21 June 2007

Early birthday treats

I´m terribly excited at the moment. My mum is coming tomorrow for a weekend visit. Now the visit in itself is excitement enough, but this one is special. She´s coming from Wales via her house in France with all my books that we couldn´t bring over here when we first moved and that have been stored there (France) for the past two years, plus a couple of packages from Amazon that I had sent to her in Wales (for free, instead of paying horendous prices to have them sent here). So not only do I get to be reunited with some old friends (mostly Spanish history books) but I get to drool over lots of new, virgin paperbacks. What´s even better is that two and a half years ago, when packing to come here, I stuffed a few odds and ends in with the books in the small gaps that you get when you pack unevenly sized books into boxes. As it was so long ago, I can´t quite remember what I put in there so there´ll be a few pleasant surprises when I open them up - just in time for my birthday on Sunday.

6 comments:

Ju's little sister said...

YAY!!!

Unknown said...

Just popping by to say "hola" and thanks for the comments.

Been a bit busy to blog for a while so just catching up.

Melody said...

Happy Birthday for Sunday Rachel. Say G'Day to your mother for me - I d o have fond memories of her insisting she take us to her home via the Wedgewood factory. I'll never forget that. Never.

Have a drink for me on Sunday. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Rachie. Hope you had a great day. I am about to leave my desk and brave the Welsh weather to post you a little something. A bit late I know but I hope you like it.
You will be glad to know your old uni friends celelbrated your birthday weekend for you with a reunion in Cardiff. I met up with Hannah, Julia and Rach for a good days shopping followed by an evening of eating and drinking. It was just like the old times. And we decided we would all like to come and visit you for a couple of days sometime if you didn't mind, towards the end of the summer, depends how you are fixed with visitors.
I have been trying to ring you for ages and for some reason I can't get through. It must be a problem with talk talk which i need to chase up. I just get a continious tone instead of the usual ringing tone.
Anyway, speak to you soon.
LOL Dawnx

Unknown said...

Dawn,

Get those flights booked! We're free all August at the moment.