Friday 29 June 2007

My almost-summer-holiday plans

The sun appeared this morning as if it were generally known that today is the first day of my summer holidays and this joyous fact should be celebrated with a bit of sunshine. The first thing I did was to put the washing machine on. Matt, optimistic as ever, predicted it to cloud over by lunchtime, though I still have a second pile of washing waiting for the machine, just in case.

And what, you may ask, do I have planned for this first wonderful day of my holidays? The answer: cleaning. The house is a tip, we have more visitors coming tomorrow (Simon and Sue - with more books from Amazon for me, hurray!), and we haven't had a thorough clean since before I started running around madly at work during exam time.

After that I intend to enjoy myself. I still have a bit of work this summer - we've had some new students appear demanding lessons in July and we still have some that have resists/university entrance exams in September, so Cris, my boss and I are alternating weeks. Luckily, I had cunningly planned a visit from said friends this first week of July, so poor Cris has to carry on for an extra week before she gets a rest. I, on the other hand, get to frolic round Asturias with Sue, Simon and Matt, and I'm looking forward to it greatly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the sun has finally come out. Looking forward to having a G&T on the terrace tomorrow and sampling the cava cocktail. Hasta pronto!

Unknown said...

Sue,

You're not even here yet and you're thinking about mixing your drinks already!

Fortunately Matt's prediction for the weather was wrong - we have clear, bright blue skies here now and I'm on my third load of washing.

Tortoiseshell said...

I've a new cat blog!