Saturday 9 June 2007

The Invalid Released

Mahou was let out of her bedroom about ten days ago after a six-week convalescence/prison sentence. We'd decided not to do the whole two months because a) she was going potty in there and b) she was getting very porky (she's currently at five kilos - and that's after losing some, quite hefty for a two-year-old female). Last weekend I noticed she was still limping every now and again, so we had to go back to the vet's, which is almost like visiting a friend, we seem to go that often. After a quick look and watching Mahou walking - perfectly, no trace of a limp, she could've been the creature that inspired the naming of the catwalk; I swear she flirts when she's with the vet, the coy little madame - he pronounced that she's allowed out but still has to have a sulfate tablet a day.

I was worrying about her until I glanced out of the bedroom window this morning and saw this.




Now, I can see the path she took to get up there, but really, her leg can't be that bad if she managed such a feat. Please note Elbi looking on with envy; with her gammy leg there's no way she'd make it up there.

5 comments:

Ju's little sister said...

Cat's will play up injuries for attention. My old flatmate had a cat who (after successive injuries) would favour a particular leg while at the same time squeeze up one eye (as though there were something in it) every time she wanted some serious attention. All this, a couple of years even after the injuries!!

They are gogeous though.

Anonymous said...

I would recommend you don't listen to Mum. Although she pretends she is a cat-lover, she likes to invent lies to make our lives miserable. You go ahead and lavish sympathetic attention on that gorgeous kitty everytime her bad leg gives her trouble. Sometimes old injuries come back to haunt you know.

BTW - 5kg is nothing. I am just under 6.5kg and I don't bother with all that nimbly-bimbly climbing nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Also - I give you permission to frame photos of me for your ladies.

Anonymous said...

Great to see shes out and about with you. She must have forgotten what life was like outside that bedroom of hers. Are you impressed with my concern? Coco has a little limp too. We don't think he has anything wrong with his leg but he does a limp now and again whilst strutting around the park. Quite cute really.

Unknown said...

Dawn, nice to see you're concerned. She jumps up there daily now - just to prove she's OK I think. I'm sure Coco is alright - is it just attention seeing? He could be making sure you don't dash off to Spain and leave him all alone again! Did he behave himself while you were here?