Saturday 2 June 2007

More Woody

I've recently discovered that Woody Allen is due in Asturias, again, to give a private showing of his latest film (also filmed and set in London I note - I knew he was trying to gain favour with the British!). This time, however, he's going to Aviles (a city we like very much) and not Oviedo. I wonder if this has anything to do with the glasses still being missing on his statue in the regional capital (see that post here). I have delightful images in my head of officials in Oviedo running around madly trying to get them fixed in time, just in case he decides to add Oviedo to his schedule. Hee hee.

1 comment:

lorenzothellama said...

If they put a new pair of specs. on the statue of that twit, I hope you remove them again.
No one in England uses the word Geezer. Mate is more common in Australia if Simon's blogsite is anything to go by. As for the 'upper classes' they tend to use the word 'effing' rather than bloody. It's oh so chic to eff all over the place. Just wish they would eff off with Woody Allen!
Hope you manage to sabotage his tour!