Thursday 14 June 2007

Say 'cheese!'

I made a most exciting discovery today. I visited a new supermarket, which, as anyone who knows me will tell you is excitement enough in itself. However, the highlight of the trip was the cheese section, where I found, wonder of wonders, some mature Irish Cheddar cheese.

We've found Cheddar here before, but normally of the mild and plasticky variety that's no good for anything, really, why do they bother making it? This is the real thing. Sheer bliss. I would have put a photo on here of the exalted item, but we ripped off the wrapper and grated it onto our lunchtime pasta faster than you can say 'queso de cheddar'. Now all we need is some Stilton. I think that one's going to be slightly trickier.

2 comments:

Ju's little sister said...

It's the small things, isn't it??

;-)

Melody said...

Hee hee. I too get excited when I spy something I haven't seen in this part of the woods.