Sunday 13 May 2007

A strange-weather day

We were awoken this morning by the sound of thunder resonating around the valley. I love a good thunder storm. Last summer we spent many evenings watching storms from our terrace; the combination of mountain silhouettes and forked lightning was thrilling. We listened this morning, feeling snug under the duvet while the thunder rumbled outside. When I eventually crawled out of bed to peek out of the window the sky was a bright blue with hardly a cloud in sight, yet we could still hear the thunder, it was very peculiar.

Although the thunder ceased shortly after, it's been incredibly breezy all day. The wind has been whipping across our terrace and Matt had to put supports up for all our young trees. It has been quite exhilarating, the wind has given everything a wonderful, fresh feel, and the mountains have been very clear today.




I had a wander in our 'meadow' this afternoon - we let the grass grow long in half of our finca and our neighbour, Samuel, comes and scythes a bit for his sheep every now and again. In return we get the cucho - manure (the first word Matt learnt here), from his cows for our vegetable garden. Samuel hasn't been in for a while so I waded through the meadow enjoying the feeling of the grass waving against me and the wind ruffling my hair. This part of our finca is also full of wild flowers and is quite beautiful.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Rachie, I hope the thunder keeps away for next weekend. I am checking up on you via your blog as I have spent ages today searching for your phone number which is in my address book somewhere unkown to me. The skies seem to have cleared now and the views from your terrace are as stunning as I remember them. Rich is looking forward to seeing it with his own eyes but also a bit weary of your ill cat who is locked in the spare bedroom. Eeek.
Anyway, email me your phone number so i can give you a ring. (dawnjenkins@talktalk.net or my work one which you have)
See you sooooon. xxx

Unknown said...

She's in *one* of the spare bedrooms - this has already been planned out - you'll in the other one at the back which will be cat free. We'll get the tent down from the loft just in case!

Melody said...

Gorgeous wildflowers Rachel.