Tuesday 22 May 2007

The 2007 Great Pea Haul


And this is just the first half, which is now in the freezer. The rest should just about be ready for picking now.
I've discovered that when picking that it's best to use the 'Indiana Jones' method. Named so after the scene in the Holy Grail film where Indy has to cross a deep chasm with no bridge in sight, although he knows it's there somewhere. When the camera adjusts its viewpoint the previously invisible bridge swings into view. This is exactly what you have to do when picking peas. Just when you could swear you've had them all off one plant you move slighty to the left or right, or look at it from below - this latter position works very well! - and numerous more pods appear.


8 comments:

Tortoiseshell said...

Nice peas!

Help - I really don't understand this Mybloglog thing.

I just do it for the neat widget which shows the profile pictures of recent readers.

How does it really work?

Melody said...

Looks as if you need to get your hands on a Pea Cookbook!

lorenzothellama said...

Do you like smooth peas or crinkly ones the best?

Unknown said...

That's it for pea posts now, although a cook book would be handy!

Toroieshell, I don't understand any more than you. I'll let you know if I investigate further.

Unknown said...

Smooth normally, ours only get crinkly when they've been cooked for too long.

lorenzothellama said...

Bit like being in the bath too long.

Anonymous said...

I spy peas in the pee pot Rachie!

Unknown said...

Dawn, how many times do I have to tell you...!