Tuesday 1 May 2007

My day off

Although rain was forecast for today - yet again - we awoke to clear, blue skies. To take advantage of this rather lovely surprise we made our way up the hill to the land above the house for a pleasant morning walk.


We do this quite often, but it's always different up there depending on the season, time of day, weather and the light. There are also numerous routes we can take so I never get tired of exploring and enjoying the surroundings.





Also, it was fairly clear today and the mountains seemed that little bit closer because of it. I've never lived this near to mountains before and even though I've been here for over two years, I'm still not tired of looking at them. Despite their being huge lumps of ancient, solid rock they're constantly changing.



Looking north, past the concejos of Siero and Nava, we could easily make out the sea (although it's not quite so easy in the photo!).



Hmmm, I could quite happily take another day off tomorrow.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Okay. How did you do it? I'd be damned if I can work out how to put up a banner of my own!!! (I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to those type-of computer things!) Can you email me on how you did it?? Your's looks FANTASTIC! Wonderful photos. I can see why you want another day off!!

Unknown said...

Hope you´ve figured it out now!

Molly said...

What beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Brilliant photos. You've gone and made me dizzy.