Monday 16 April 2007

Happy Birthday Mum!

My mum is 60 today, so happy birthday mum, have a lovely day! Deciding on a present was difficult, but my sister came up with idea of getting our photos taken professionally - her together with my niece in the UK, and me here. Great idea I thought and off I went to a photographer in a town up the valley. He was very friendly, but I absolutely hate having my photo taken, especially in a situation like that - just me, star of the show, in the limelight, ugh. I'm completely incapable of posing for the camera - it always seems so unnatural - and spent an excruciating 60 minutes trying to find a pose that would produce a photo good enough to send. The good news is that I did manage it - eventually, the photographer got me talking about my cats and I started to relax (yes, I know, I'm turning into a mad old cat lady before my time) and my mum loved the photo; it even produced some tears so it must've been good. However, I should've warned her not to expect another one on her 70th! I don't intend to go through that again, I shall have to start thinking now about an alternative gift. Any ideas?

No comments: