Monday 8 October 2007

Phew!

The new academic year started in our Academia last Monday and the title of this post describes my reaction on Friday at 9pm when I left work for the weekend.

We have more students than ever, and they're still coming. I now have 30 teaching hours a week and we share a timetable that I'm never going to be able to remember as it's so complicated in order to fit everyone in; and all this despite the fact that we have a new teacher to take care of the youngest pupils (from the ages of 4-8), something that we're all rather delighted with as those were the most exhausting classes - imagine trying to 'teach' English to a four-year-old who's already been at school/nursery all day, doesn't even like colouring, is used to just being stuck in front of the TV at home and can't write his/her name, then put six of them in a class together.

Even though it was a rather tiring week, full of headless chicken impressions, I get on so well with my boss and everyone else at the Academia that I can't complain. And, best of all, I got a pay rise.

Anyway, please have patience with me at the moment. I'll post more once things settle down at work, whenever that is.

7 comments:

Ju's little sister said...

You got a pay rise? ME TOO! An extra $42 a fortnight. Hummm.....

It can be good to be busy, but I hope you get your head around your time table and that things settle down soon. All the best.

Make sure your girls look after you properly - after all the promises they have been making my boy they had better be superb cuddlers!

JLS

Sara said...

Hope you're not too exhausted with your new job. I got one too and the adjustment period is always a bit daunting. Put your feet up with a nice glass or three of Rioja!

Unknown said...

Magdalene, You'll be pleased ot know that several glasses of wine were consumed last night. It is, in fact, my third year at the job, but as it's teaching I get a sort-of-break in the summer before starting back in October. The first few weeks always hit us hard, going from almost no hours of teaching to 30 in one go kind of takes your breath away. When I started in 2005 I only had 15 hours.

JLS, my girls are wonderful cuddlers and provide for all tastes. Elbi is a good all round girl and is excellent for padding, licks and general snuggling. Mahou is a great for when you want a peaceful moment but with a bit of company and Beeps if you want a bit of gentle loving. I promise you, Plumpy won't be disappointed!

Martin Stickland said...

A pay ride! Yipeeeeeeeeee! send some cash back to old blighty! I will look after it for you.

Sorry but my PC has been a bit knackerd latey and I have not opped to see you but to make up for it I will wave to old sunny Cardiff from my North Devon bedroom window!

Unknown said...

Please don't take offense Martin, but I think the money is more secure in my wallet here. You might use it to pay for more crab photography if I send it over there. Say hello to Cardiff for me too!

lorenzothellama said...

A pay rise? Does that mean you are coming home to Macc for Christmas?
Lorenzo

lorenzothellama said...

Talking of headless chickens, I am about to write an 'in memorium' for one of June's chickens.
Lorenzo.