Saturday 8 January 2011

How a New Year should start

Don't you just love those days when everything feels right and full of possibility? Well today, for me, has turned into one of those: starting with a good one-and-a-half-hour self-defence class this morning, to handing over more of the translation I'm doing on my karate teacher's book, to a food shop resulting in lots of fresh veggies in my basket at home (causing me to contemplate the yummy possibilities there), to a tasty lunch while listening to Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild soundtrack and generally, contentedly experiencing a day when there's blue sky over my mountain and a temperature warm enough to belong to spring.

Of course I'm well aware that I've just had a week's holiday and so am feeling laid back, relaxed and good about myself, though I'm hoping I can carry the mood through the next couple of months when spring really does hit Asturias and my students start behaving like the lambs in the fields round here. In the meantime, I have resolved to keep busy, get out there and do something creative, physical or adventurous as often as possible, and then of course, write about it here.

Happy 2011 everyone, I'm planning on making it a good one.

2 comments:

Katbili said...

Keep the positive vibes coming!

Katbili said...

Keep the positive vibes coming!