Tuesday 12 August 2008

Apologies

A huge, enormous, heartfelt sorry to all those of you who have been wondering what's been happening to my blog of late and also for being dreadfuly lax in my commenting. On top of that, a big thank you to those who emailed to check how I was or stated their concerns for me on other blogs. I was extremely touched that people I have not even met cared enough to do that.

Anyways, after several months of silence, and a few changes out in the real world - the main one being that I´m now on my own up on the mountain, and happier for it, although the cat count remains the same - I´m back.

Never a very prolific blogger to start with, I make further apologies for what will probably be errratic posting in the future. This is because I now have to keep the garden, house, car and cats in order by myself. My already busy timetable has been filled considerably, although I´m hoping all the mowing and strimming I´ve taken on will do wonders for my muscle tone.

My friend Sue, on a recent visit, suggested I advertise for a strapping au pair, of the male variety, to help me out around the house and in the garden. I´ll see how things go first, but I am keeping the idea mind. If any of you should know of a suitable specimen, I mean candidate, please do direct them here.

9 comments:

Tortoiseshell said...

Keep on blogging! I have been a very intermittent blogger over the last few months, but on balance I'm glad I've kept the pages online. Glad to hear that you're getting on OK after your recent travails.

Unknown said...

Hurray, my first comment! And very quick off the mark you were too. Yes, all is well here, just a lot of hard work, but I could proabably do with the exercise.

Metamatician said...

a "strapping au pair" ?!?

bollocks.

Metamatician said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ju's little sister said...

Hi Raelha,
I also had been out of the blogging sphere for quite some time! I'm glad you're back and of course no pressure to blog daily - even Word Imp is down to about one a week I think.

In regards to your driving story (giggle) I have been told it is most dangerous when you come back, because you second and even triple guess yourself - it's harder than just concentrating on reversing your instincts.

How are the three beauties? Plumpy is living with my old flatmates while I'm away - I am yet to hear how he is doing.

All the best, and I'm glad you're happier.

JLS

Melody said...

Yay!! I've heard from you again!!! I was only thinking of you the other day, thinking your email address is on our other (now packed up) computer. Will send you an email...

Glad all is okay with you now... I (seriously) have been thinking of you.

lorenzothellama said...

Welcome back. It's lovely to hear from you again. Badger, Scaredy and I will come and help you with the garden.

Glad old Macc. made you feel nostalgic. There is always a bed with us if you care to visit!

Scaredy Cat said...

If you come and visit, bring the girls with you. Please.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind (and other)comments. It's good to be back in touch.

Lorenzo, you're all most welcome to come and help, in fact please do!!! In fact, what are you like with a strimmer?

Scaredy, of course I'll bring them all over if I come to visit.

Melody, another move?! You never stop. And email would be great, but don't worry about it too much right at the moment - you must be busy with the move.

jls, I hope Plumpy is doing well. Is he still still so plump? Next time you speak to him tell him the girls are fine and that Elbi sends him a lick.

And I see it didn't take long at to get back to the old routine of talking about bollocks.