Saturday 31 March 2007

A lazy, rainy day

It's raining, still. It's not really stopped since Monday. This is why I'm still sat in my pyjamas and dressing gown at half three in the afternoon - I really don't want to venture outside. There was a moment when the sun briefly showed itself this morning, and I excitedly, but foolishly put the washing on. The cats all have cabin fever. They punctuate their long snoozes with mad bouts of chasing each other around the house and attacking whatever or whoever is looking vulnerable.





We knew when we came here that it rained, a lot. And I'd had practice at enduring the rain: I grew up in the NW of England, near Manchester and then spent ten years studying in Cardiff (I once read somewhere, and it came as no surprise, that these are the two wettest cities in the UK) so I should be used to putting up with downpours and dealing with dripping umbrellas and soggy jeans.


The good news is that it looks like we'll be getting some sun next week. In the meantime I'm staying dry inside while I can. I'm not a huge hot drinks fan, I usually prefer something refreshing (my current favourite is grape and pineapple juice mixed with sparkling water), however I do like these two rooibos herbal teas. The raspberry one smells and tastes scrumptious and the ginger, cinnamon and cardamom one is perfect for a cold wet day (although the brand name is somewhat unfortunate).



1 comment:

Melody said...

Horniman!! Hahaha... (thanks for the giggle!)

I know all about rain. Because I now live in the tropics of Australia, we have a few months where all it seems to do is rain. Day after day. Combined with heat = hot, humid, sticky. BUt I shall not complain. (Not now anyway!) It seems as if winter has hit our corner of the world early - it is sinply gorgeous outside now and will continue like this until November. How lucky am I?